Cold Shot is an affordable bus and freight service that has been in Alberta since 2005. Based in Edmonton, we are now Alberta’s largest and fastest growing bus and freight service company.
Position: Finance Coordinator
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Manage all accounting transactions including AR and AP
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Prepare payroll summary
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting Program.
- Minimum 2-4 years in an accounting role with progressive responsibilities.
- Accounting experience in a transport industry would be considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Excel and accounting software programs.
- Proficient written and oral skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills (ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines).
- Strong analytical; quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently.
- Extended health and dental benefits after 90 days probationary period is over
- We support for open work permit/Permanent Residency
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract